Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Believe I Can Float.

I'm going to hit 3 different topics with this post. I'm going to attempt to keep them each short... ((unsure giggle)) ... I give you my best anyway. These topics have not much to do with one another, however, it's me, and this is only a GLIMPSE into my random mind, that I'm making sense for all of you. Did that sentence even make sense? It did to the ones that are like me, I'm sure. Anywho, moving on.


Number one:
Frugally Sustainable.
 As we've been learning more about this, some interesting things have been happening to us. Our basement apparently has a love/hate relationship with water. We can never seem to keep it dry down there. There's seepage after every heavy rain. And we've been recently trying to unclog our main drains down there, that have flooded up in our basement.... ew. As we were resolving some of said disgustingness, we were realizing our hot water heater is dripping. Seriously?! It seems it's one thing after another, all of the sudden. (don't even get me started on our van!) We have only so much to spend to try and fix all this, so we both decided, we're going to have to choose priorities and slowly get everything taken care of. My priority was not the hot water heater, so off it goes until it's turn on the list for a new one. We've been boiling water for all our hot water needs. It feels very poineerish, and it's really not so bad. Of course, it's HOT outside, so cold water is welcome right now anyway. It's made me appreciate water/ hot water, all the more. I have best friends in Africa that have to collect the rain water in huge towers beside their house, and THAT's their water supply for EVERYTHING! No "city water" for them. If they can manage, I'm sure can. 
If you want to be a huge target for satan to mess with your material items and learn more about how to live frugally then you can start here >> http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/11/23-day-frugal-living-challenge-join-us/ We're not very far into it, of course, but we're a working progress.


Number two:
Anger Management
If you've been reading my blog, you probably have noticed some posts about some "little" anger issues I have been having recently... I swear I feel bipolar when it comes to my emotions and circumstances that happen.
-I've gone from seeing the sun start to rise, to feeling worthless as it burns my skin.
-From hope of a fresh start, to history haunting me and taunting me. 
-From taking a breath of air, to quickly suffocating from sneaky hands that wrap their fingers around my neck.
-I've been fighting feelings of feeling like people around me (even good friends) are treating me like I'm a little girl that can't handle certain news. I've even been questioning who my real friends are. 
 My husband finally pegged it for me. (God love him) The deceiver has been reading scripture to me and I've been believing the lies that comes with how he preaches.
-The sun is rising, and my skin can burn.
-I'm capable of taking a first step, and capable of stumbling over the same stone I've already passed.
-I can breathe, and there are hands waiting to grab hold of me. 
-I have friends that are keeping things from me
These things are all "true". I'm not being gullible to lies. Then why do I have this need "to be done?" Is this it? Shall I eat worms now?
That's what he'd have me believe. There's more Truth that he purposefully won't nag me about. Where's the "more Truth" part? I'm finding it.
- The sun is rising, my skin can burn, but the One who made the sun is teaching me how to condition myself to it's strength. With every sun, comes a new challenge, a new purpose for what God has for me to do for Him. 
- I'm capable of taking a first step, capable of stumbling over that same stone, but because of Christ's blood cleansing me enabling the Holy Spirit to work through me, there is Power there that can guide and protect my steps. And no stone will stop Him. 
- I can breathe, there are hands waiting to smite me, but this body is merely a vessel on Earth, and I am a child of God that holds the power of Jesus' name over any true enemies. (demons)   It is God that gives me breath, not him. 
- I have friends. I have family. They need to get over trying not to upset me, however, they do it because they care about me. And God has blessed me with great friends, that have reminded me of that "more Truth" that I seem to forget sometimes.
I'm still a working progress, but I'm getting there.


Number three:  I saved my "not so much of a downer" shpeel for last.
I love my kids!
Naomi is getting so fat and beautiful. ok, I really didn't have any new information there. I thank God for my kids. Alright I love my biggest kid of all, my husband. You know, going through all this has definitely brought us together even more. It's given us a new set of challenges to face, but we know that together, with Christ at the center, we can overcome anything. I'm not saying that I haven't wanted to hurt him recently out of my irritability, (poor hubby) but he loves me so much, I'm not sure how, but that always wins me over, and makes me want to be that much closer to him. I absolutely LOVE our jam sessions in the morning and night. He'll play his guitar and I'll be on my ukulele and we'll play and sing until our fingers hurt. ... or until one of the "wingdings" needs our attention.
Genesis 1:31a  "And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good."

Me and my other half. 






No comments:

Post a Comment