Saturday, December 22, 2012

O Christmas Tree

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Lots has happened and I can't wait to share it with you. However, I'm still trying to find the words to explain myself... which can be very difficult at times... If only you could get inside my head.... you'd probably go crazy. heh.... anywho.

Before I post my story of my new-found wide-eyed-ness, I feel I need to let some time pass, namely, >Get this week over< because it's been one emotional roller coaster with it being Sarah's anniversary of her death. It has been 6 years now on December 17th. And Christmas hasn't necessarily gotten brighter for me. So... to give you my latest work....here's a poem, not in song form, but a poem from my sore heart. 

O Christmas Tree   

O Christmas tree
Why my memory
Faithfully reminds me
Of her

My sadness sweeps
My mind it sleeps
As I lie on my back
And stare

Tell me why
I can not die
Be it the most seemingly
Of graces?

For as long as there’s breath
Must I fight for my death?
O Christmas tree
O how you sting

How I long for the Savior
Shall I shame my behavior
Of longing for Him to
Return?

I love you, says He
Wait for Me, says He
But I can hardly breathe
Say I

Say He, you stubborn woman
I made you better than this
I know what you've done
To Me

But I want you close
I won’t give up hope
That you’ll come for My hand
In the end. 
                        ~kailan

1 comment: