Tuesday, July 30, 2013

6th Baby Update: Cheaper by the Half Dozen?

Alright... for those of you who care to know how I'm doing with the pregnancy.....

I am 23 weeks this week. Gosh! Time flies!! Especially when it's your 6th apparently...

We had an ultrasound done a few weeks ago and found out it's another girl! Oh. My. Lord Jesus. How? Can. We. Do. This?


I'm actually ok with it. I have my "little women". (I'm already getting the jokes and chuckles out of people about how hormonal my house is gonna be once they all reach puberty) But my poor Isaiah. Both him and Eve were crying in the ultrasound room when we saw the news. And this is exactly why I wanted to find out while we can, to prepare these little hearts for what God has given us...... a 5th girl....

We haven't decided on any names yet. Still tossing some around.

I've tried getting off some meds for my nausea and it ain't happen'in.... I went 2 days without it, and then all the heart burn and nausea and "I hate food" attitude came back. And that is just blasphemous for me! I LOVE food!

Anywho. So even though I'm into my second trimester, and my third is right around the corner... on the meds I go. :/

I've also been experiencing LOTS of braxton hicks (false labor contractions) already. I'm not just talking about one every few days... I'm talking several. every. day. It's annoying, and sometimes, when they are strong enough, a little scary. Starting the craziness this early on (usually it waits to get this bad a couple months before due) makes me a little nervous, but I'm trusting that my body just has a hyper uterus and just likes to contract. (which is actually true for my case, I just hate living with it, I guess it could be a lot worse)

To complain a little bit, my hip is already out most the time, which forces me to waddle making me look fabulous!, and it feels like everything is going to fall out of me. :/ yikes.

I am so done. My poor hubby went to the doc to get that taken care of... poor baby. He did good. I watched the whole thing. I know I know... but it was way too interesting to me. I have a right to know what exactly is done to that thing! It's mine!!

Anywho. Back to baby.

Baby is healthy looking. I saw cracks in her skull, which means her sutures are NOT fused :) Yay! I got a 3rd different due date... so I just start telling people that I'm gonna have a baby in November... just to take care of any confusion... I WILL EAT THANKSGIVING FOOD!!! LOTS OF IT!!

ehem.  Baby moves more and more and Eve is the only child of mine that kisses her goodnight almost every night. She's determined to make herself the baby's favorite sibling, I think.

I'm getting things prepared and ordered and planned for another home birth. I'm actually quite excited about that part. It felt so great, invigorating, and much more stress-free doing it at home. My family cared so well for me, and I'm in love with the birthing pool. I'm nesting like crazy, (de-cluttering the house) but have to take it easy as these contractions come. They slow me down, but that's ok. Slow is good. heh... The hubby is doing an awesome job at taking orders per my nesting. :) Love you Yesh.






1 comment: