Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baby is getting ready!

Ok! I'm so very excited, almost like an excited nervousness. I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on my progress.

First of all, Thanks Be To God!!! I have made it to full term because of His mercy and the way He designed my body to carry and it is He who gives a mother the instincts she needs to know when to act and when to stay calm, and I have gotten this far, to full term, with no hospital freak outs, no labor stopping drugs, no bedrest. I have been getting very tired and exhausted cause I am 1 1/2 weeks into my crazy prodromal contractions. (false/yet very early labor) These contractions wake me at night, and make me feel overall, incredibly tired. I usually do this for a couple weeks, so any day now, I'm feeling this will happen. :)

I had my midwife appt. and there was some very surprising, and exciting news! I am dilated to 3, 80% effaced, starting to lose "the plug", and she ends it with, "and what's more impressive is that baby is stationed at 0." Now, for those of you who don't understand this. Negative numbers, -1, -2, -3, all mean how high baby is in the birth canal. Any positive numbers, are basically pushing baby out. So the fact that baby is sitting at a 0 means, that baby is in position (head down, mind you!) and ready to go. Any lower and the baby is coming out!

I am in the "safe" zone to having this baby at home (very close to 37 weeks), which is so incredibly exciting. I literally put in the last few things into the "Birth" day tote, (supplies for the midwife and I) and my birthing "trough" (pool) came in a few days ago, and I'm now excitedly getting the last few things in order. Everything is sitting in our living room, ready to be used for this event. I completed big paper bags, one for each kid, holding little activities and snacks for them to have while waiting for baby's arrival. They are getting so excited, finding baby clothes out, and we were just 'aw-ing" over the little newborn diapers. I've worked so hard, in all my tiredness, to get everything ready, and it's finally happening soon!

So we'll see what happens. I will do my best in keeping everyone updated, on my progress as it comes. Prayers would be appreciated for the safe arrival of this baby and for my health to remain well. I'm trying to remain calm, collected, and relaxed, but who seriously can do that when this news is so crazy exciting... and shocking??

Thanks for any prayers already sent our way. I'm trusting that God will see me through this, and have confidence that He is holding us and will not let us go. He has designed my body to birth babies, and so birthing a baby is what I'm going to do. :) The hubs is in shock, but maybe it'll come to him, when he's holding his newest daughter or son! lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment