Monday, March 26, 2012

Predominantly Melancholy

defeat?
that sounds right
i hold her frail body and think
         what happened to my joy?
this is my curse
i hate depression
  and he hates me
my preceding failure is blinding me
                     he wants me to suffocate
it's working
still so much hurt
                                 so much weight
my anger bruises my heart
  yet my tears remain for her
        the silver lining is
 so far away
i know the Truth
 does not come without pain
i carry this cross
suffering as it should be
                                       trudging to my death
when will He come to touch me?
defeat.
       knowing it's not there doesn't
convince me enough
     i hear the words          over        and over
said with sensitivity like a knife
                                                 to my heart
i hold her frail body up against mine

what happened to my joy?




                                                         


                                                                        ...yes, Lord.
                                                                                      i remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment