Saturday, March 31, 2012

Optimistic?

I'm not very good at being optimistic, ...
however, today has felt great!
I think Naomi may be finally turning the corner here. She was weighed several days ago and has shown some progress. We are 4 oz. heavier. This is not the best, I know, but it's not bad either. There's still some quirky issues with her, but we are seeing some good differences in her. She's not looking so frail anymore. She's nursing a little better, getting fuller feedings in. (of course, I'm still supplementing a little after half of her feedings just to get more in her) She doesn't poop very often still but hopefully that'll change soon.
and she's sooooo close to smiling at me. I can see it in her eyes at times, that she wants to. I just hope Daddy doesn't get the first smile (as always)... he IS a goofy guy though, I'll give him that!

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm not as depressed as I've been lately. It's up and down for me. I still consider myself unstable, but things are getting better. We are in so many transitions right now, so it's all I can do to stay as level headed as possible.... ha..... anywho.
The hubs is in between 2 jobs right now. By day, he worked with special needs students and he loved it. Although he'll be working in the same field, he's signed onto a different place that cares for adults with special needs and starts "training" in 2 days. He's also resigned from his position as youth pastor and we had decided to go back to our "home" church to get recharged for the next place God will take us to. It's been nice to see old "family". :)

Why all these changes? God has been moving, providing, and guiding us. It's been so refreshing to be where God would have us right now. I know, we're still in transition, but that is where we must be needing to be right now. We are taking a step back to reflect, heal, grow, learn, recharge, reboot, and that is what is happening.

We are so grateful for our dedicated friends and family that have helped us through this transition. We have felt fellowship for all it's worth, being in this transition. The "body" of Christ has been holding us, and because of His touch, I know we will make it through all this chaos, and I'm reminded of the bigger purpose.

ps. some people have wondered some things and just to clarify.

 My bladder is ok. :)

AND Josh and I have been doing well together through all this. No ones perfect, but with every trial we face, we get closer and learn how to work together all the more. We keep looking at each other, saying, "No one can touch this!" haha. Is it ok to be boastful about our good marriage? Naw, I adore Yesh, and I KNOW he ADORES me. :) We're not perfect.... we've had our issues to work through, but honestly? with all the crap we've been through? It's a make or make better for us. Our favorite is choosing the latter. :) ("make or break" in marriage is not in my vocabulary)











1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to hear that she is doing well. I can't wait to see her tomorrow. I am really proud of both you and Josh as you allow God to bring you closer through all of this.

    Mom (Jen)

    ReplyDelete