Thursday, August 1, 2013

Little Red Book: Complete and Restored

You'll like these. Most of them are short and sweet because they are notes from my little red notebook, I keep in my purse. My little red notebook is always with me, wherever I go, ready for me to take advantage of it. It's like a little special friend because it wants me to write. Whatever I'm thinking, whatever I'm feeling, what I hear, what I see, it wants to know. It's wants to be written on. I've decided to share some of my notes with you, little by little, so when you see "Little Red Book" in the title of the post, you'll know it's kailan's random thoughts from her notebook. Enjoy.



Did you know the word perfection means "complete"? 

Carrying out God's will.... completely... being made complete... having complete love... 

The Greek word καταρτιζω (katartizo) "perfect" means: complete thoroughly, repair, fit, frame, mend, prepare, restore

The Greek word καταρτιομος (katartismos) "perfect" means: complete furnishing 

It's interesting to me that every time I see the word "perfect" or "perfection" around the world, we think of perfection like not too skinny or not too fat. We think of clothes that match. We think of desirable hair or skin...... or any feature really. So when we see the word "perfect" in scripture, by nature, we see a beautiful angel that has all those desirable features. Am I the only one that does that?

One day, my cousin was sitting next to me and told me that she heard that the word perfect sometimes means complete. My mind went far with this concept, within seconds. I researched it and sure enough, every time the word perfect or perfection is used, it means complete, repaired, mended, restored, etc.

Reframe our eyes...

Matthew 5:48 "Therefore you are to be perfect, as our heavenly Father is perfect."

John 17:23 "I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that Thou didst send Me, and didst love them, even as Thou didst love Me."

I Corinthians 13:10 "... but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away."

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

Colossians 3:14 "And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity."

1 John 4:18 "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love." -:19 "We love, because He first loved us."




1 comment: