Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hope, Chaos, and 35 Weeks!

I wanted to give an update on my pregnancy. I saw my midwife today and it went well.

I'm measuring right where I'm supposed to. I've gained almost 40 lbs now and I'm proud of every ounce of it :D  My midwife used her superpowers as she felt my belly and is guessing the baby to be at 5 lbs right now. I have 2 more weeks until I am deemed safe for home delivery and I am so excited I've come this far! I thank God for getting me this far and am trying my best to hold onto the hope that I will make it to term and that I'll birth a healthy thriving baby! The midwife gave me my list of things to collect in preparation for my home birth and all of it is giving me butterflies in my stomach! I checked with my birthing pool rental lady and she is going to delivery that to our house this weekend so I'll have it on time to labor in for whenever this little baby decides to show her beautiful face!

It all feels so surreal to me still. It's amazing the different emotions that come with an unexpected pregnancy. She kicks like crazy to let me know she's there, but it still is unbelievable that I'm going to be holding another daughter of mine, a fresh face, someone I've never met before that will belong to me, in possibly as little as a couple weeks! Hopefully a little longer than that, but I trust that God will open my womb as He deems the right time.

I'm still contracting all the time, but I still feel the difference being on the magnesium everyday. I will have moments where I'll be nervous about how close the contractions are, but again, I just try to convince myself that it's not time and lo and behold.. they subside farther apart.

Please be in prayer that I make it a couple more weeks at least, if not more and for my nerves and the family that surrounds me as they support me. I have an awesome husband, but we are all tired and are looking forward to all the chaos of "keeping Kailan laying low" to be over.




6 comments:

  1. Praying daily that this little one stays put for now. Even though I can't wait to hold her I want you to be able to do this at home again. It was so much more relaxed. Very excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! It stresses me to even think about having to birth in a hospital again, but I have unusual high hopes that I can hold off until I'm in the safe zone!

      Delete
  2. If it is in the daytime or evening, keep us in the loop so we can experience it with you. I understand we can Skype on my cell phone now. Praying you will go 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That would be fun skyping with you guys :) I believe we can do it on either Josh's phone or his ipad. Or we'll have Jennifer around too. :) We'll get it done!

      Delete
  3. Hello Keely! Hm... well.... every day I'd have a breakdown... ;) True. but there's more.

    There were quite a few things I would do to get through the days. First of all, take a deep breath. Stress definitely makes it worse. I remember in my fits of crying or anger, the contractions seemed to get worse. Second, (which is just as important as the first) TAKE MAGNESIUM!!! You can buy it at any vitamin store. Take 400 mg's. Magnesium changed my life! I dealt with my irritable uterus during all my pregnancies and sure enough, it'd have me exhausted, I'd come so close to going into preterm labor, the whole bit. But with this last one, I took magnesium (one in the morning) and it calmed them significantly. I still needed to treat my body with care, but I slept so much better, and felt calmer, and the contractions weren't AS strong.

    I encourage you to get support whether it be a spouse, best friend, or a group for mommies. Being able to talk through your worries, as well as receiving encouragement meant so much to me so I didn't feel alone.

    Hang in there Momma! Your body works! It's just a little touchy!

    ReplyDelete