Friday, January 29, 2010

Silver Lining Moment


"Isn't it nice to know.... that the lining is silver?" - Relient K

God is God, and I will never be able to say that He has turned His back on me. With my last post, I was desperately looking for answers. I talked with a few "cranio mommies" and they gave the advice that a team must be there for her head surgery. So I, one afternoon, called Dr. F's (CFS/PS) office and asked the nurse about sending our case to Iowa City cause we want to get a second opinion from a "team" of doctors. She said she would, so I thought, 'ok, that will make our options a little clearer.' 30 min. later, another nurse (from Dr. K's office) calls and tells me that Dr. K wants to send our case to Iowa City. I asked her about the timing of this decision (cause I had just talked to another nurse) and she said that it was written on a note that was given to her that morning. When I got off the phone, I cried, thanking God that He had given an answer to my prayer.
I appreciate Dr. Karas for his humility in realizing our case would be better carried out somewhere else. Our Ped. also called my house, in extreme agreement that she will be better taken care of at Iowa City, and she was raving about the doctors over there. Dr. Menezes is the neurosurgeon that will be meeting with us. We just learned of our appt. on Feb. 24th, @ 1:30pm in Iowa City.

On another praise,..... After 2 days on the alimentum formula (very expensive hypoallergenic formula) she gained 6 oz. !!! She seems a little stronger. There are little quirks to work out, but

I see that silver lining, that is shining over the clouds, showing us God's smile. It's there, we just have to wait for this storm to pass, using the water coming from it, to grow us so we can bloom. That is only a fraction of God's power.

1 comment:

  1. Kailan,
    What a wonderful Godly wife and mother you are. I am blessed to call you my daughter (in-law). Keep your eyes focused above baby and he will walk us through.

    Love ya,
    Mom Wing (Jen)

    ReplyDelete