Monday, April 26, 2010

Another "Cranio Mommy"

I have been talking with other mommies on this site called craniokids.org. That's where I met Amanda.

Amanda has a son Sawyer that is 1 month older than Teshura. The suture he has fused is his metopic suture, that gives his forehead a triangular shape to it. He will have to undergo a full reconstruction on his head in July. Although Amanda and her family live in Des Moines as well, they have chosen to fly down to Texas for his surgery. There is a very famous, "cranio" neurosurgeon down there and is known to be one of the best.

Living in the same town, we decided it was time to meet. We wanted to see eachother's babies before they had their surgeries and to, of course, finally meet each other. We have been emailing back and forth for months about our concerns, triumphs and feelings over all this cranio chaos. Although our cranio babies look a little different, our fear is one in the same..... the well being of our special little ones surviving through such a surgery. We have both found comfort in the site, finding moms who are exactly in our predicament. But it's definitely a nice breath of fresh air to actually meet someone who is in the same boat, ..... waiting.... and worrying..... and waiting some more. This will have been my first time EVER meeting someone online and then arranging a meeting with them. We invited the whole family over for dinner. They were such a nice couple, and had 3 wonderful boys. The night went so well. Their oldest was Isaiah's age, and Isaiah met his match! (if you know what I mean) :) They got along well. Their middle one was Sarah's age, and Eve had fun with him. And of course, there's content Sawyer in the midst, lov'in on his mommy. He is so adorable, as you can see in the pictures.


 So, of course, we had to show off our craniobabies!
So here's Sawyer and Teshura!!








Me and Amanda
with our babies












I am truly thankful for the fellowship God has blessed me with. I sought and I found.

I am still waiting to meet Tami with her little Abby, but that won't be till surgery time. She unfortunately lives 3 hours away.

Short update on Tesh; We are in the midst of testing her for asthma, and thank you, again, to Dr. M (the ns) for protecting my Teshura. He's a mover and a shaker. I do thank God also, for bringing us to him.

We have seen God's power at every turn, and have witnessed His hand on Teshura many times. As a mother, that is priceless.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kailan I'm so glad you were able to meet Amanda and that it went so well. Side note: She looks VERY familiar to me. I still love your blogs so keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete