Thursday, April 29, 2010

Get a Grip on This, Kailan, and "Get Us There"

You know those machines that astronauts use to practice what it'd be like if you were tossing and turning and they have to steer it to equal it out? They are rotating back and forth, all around, side to side, upside down, and they have to get a grip so they can calm the machine.

That's how I feel now. This upcoming surgery is 2 weeks away. My emotions are nervous, scared, anxious, fearful.... Physically, I'm tired and starting to become scatterbrained. I can't ever remember anything. I can't wrap my brain around what I'm supposed to do. I'm panicked about trying to keep everyone healthy so Tesh does not get sick. I'm being forced to give up certain projects that need to be given up, so I can concentrate on "getting us there". The machine is spinning out of control.

Thanks to the fellowship God has given me, I'm able to do just that. "Get us there." I must be still for a moment, collect my thoughts, and allow God to calm my spirit and use me to "get us there"

I knew that I might do this at some point, but I am starting to invert. I"m incubating my household very willingly, mainly because of germs, but also, because I need it. I need to be left alone with my King and my paper. I need to get a grip on this chaos. And the only way I can really do that is.... to...... stop. Take a breath...... and take one step at a time and get us there.

No matter how fearful I am, "we'll get there." No matter how tired I am, "we'll get there." No matter how painful it will be, "we'll get there." No matter how crazy and strange it may seem, "we'll get there."

I know we'll get there, cause He will give me the courage to get there. He will give me the strength to get there. He will watch the beauty unfold that only comes by pain to get us there. He will give me the peace and patience it will take to get there. Why? Because He is.


"I will go through the fire, if you want me to." - Ginny Owens

1 comment:

  1. We are so thrilled to see the woman God is molding you to be. In your weakness, He shows His strength.

    ReplyDelete