Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Holding the Ball, and Ready To Roll

I know it's been awhile since I've posted, but I was kind of waiting for something to post about. The torment with cranio is that all you can do IS wait..... . wait for appts., wait for surgery, wait during surgery....... I'm learning a lot of patience with all this.... something I'm not good at.
But there IS something I've been biding my time with, along side of digging in with Josh to find a youth pastoral position for him/us:) ... is getting this little thing fatter!!! I wasn't expecting to gain weight myself but whatever......

Last week she was a total of 13 lbs. 3oz. !! She's in the 17th percentile, which is a number I thought we'd never see out of her. Isaiah would run at the 25th when he was a baby, so she's catch'in up. I'm so happy about this. It's made me all the more confident with surgery too, because I'm not looking at this frail baby anymore, thinking ..."she has to have head surgery......." I'm looking at this fatter baby, thinking..."ok, head surgery, here we come. Let's get this over with!!"

Here's pics of her 1 1/2 mos. ago,
and then now!! She doesn't even look like the
same baby.






Now my calmness is a product of,  first) My merciful Savior showing His grace, second) having the blessing of other things going on that I can throw myself at, (not being selfish, but serving), and third) being gifted the priceless fellowship of other believers, and some of them having gone down this very same road. (they've been such a support to me and patient with me as I prod them with all these questions.) Notice God is in all of these things. It can not be done without God. Some people beg God for His peace, and think it should be this divine feeling after doing nothing. Everything that God does it active. Is that safe to say? If you are not actively pursuing God then you will not see Him. Something else may find you....

Because of all the trials I've been through, I have learned that seeking out God is seeking out the opportunity to be with God. Not that He's not beside you all time, but if you want peace to your life then YOU must stop the chaos. Here's the trick....... be still, and move at the same time. When He tells us to "Be still.." (these are my thoughts) He follows it with "... and know that I am God."(Psa. 46:10) I believe that to "be still" is to embrace the fact that you are not in control. He is the One in control, not I. "Be still and know that I am God." In my NASB version it reads. "Cease striving and know that I am God; " - on a side note it reads that the phrase "cease striving" means to let go, relax. So.... be still, relax, let go, cease striving and "know that I am God"
But then we are called to move. Acts 17:28 "for in Him, we live and move, and exist....." He tells us to go and serve and make disciples. He tells us the new commandment. "Love God, Love others"

Love God (be still), and love others (serve, move)  This is the only way to evangelize, my friends. When you love like this, people see and feel God. Not to mention it makes it more desirable to choose Him.

anyway, sorry, rabbit trail......  I'm still learning these things which I've said. I have yet to master these things. But with every trial, I am that much closer. I'm not going to claim I'm going to be as calm as a cucumber on Surgery Day. But what I will claim is that Today I am glad because of Him. Today I am overjoyed because of His blessings and power. I'm glad the He is He, and I am His.


Here's some updated head pics of her at 5 1/2 months old (pre-surgery)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kailan I have to laugh at your "rabbit trails" You are so funny.... I love you. I too, am very anxious about the surgery but not looking forward to it at the same time. I love you. Michael and I are here for you. Like everything else we have gone through.... we will all do this together!

    Momma

    ReplyDelete