Friday, May 21, 2010

Solemn Morning

I woke up this morning to my sweet little girl, beside me in her crib babbling. I get up to feed her and check my email. The first thing I read is Ben's progress written by his dad at 1 in the morning.http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/benjaminricketts This little boy, almost 2 years old, was found not breathing with a cord around his neck. His dad did CPR until the paramedics came, and he was air lifted to Iowa City. This was several days ago. I've been keeping up on him, not knowing this family, found them through facebook. This story has just broken my heart. I'm finding myself looking over my house, finding any cords that the kids could get into. I just couldn't imagine watching your little 2 year old, lay there on a hospital bed, in an induced coma, waiting and praying most desperately for his brain to heal. There has been little progress, but the prayers keep coming. There are thousands (and I'm NOT exaggerating) of people on facebook that have vowed to pray for little Ben. Every time I read their postings I almost feel like I'm in church... the true meaning of it, anyway. Believers coming together. So many people tuning in, watching and waiting, and praying for something to happen. In an attempt to comfort them in their weary times as I read this dad's weary letter, asking us to pray for their strength, I thought of the song that I love to hear when I feel most desperate. "If You want me to" by Ginny Owens.
This woman is blind, plays her own piano, and sings with the most angelic voice you've ever heard. As I listened to it this morning before I sent the link to them, memories of riding in the car listening to it, grieving Dad, came to me. Then Sarah brushed into my mind and all the lost feelings of losing yet another dream of a future with her. Then my sweet Teshura, the baby I'm privileged to hold in my arms this very moment and all the stuff that's going on with her, crossed my mind and I thought. "I can do this. This is why I'm doing this." At the end of the song, Ginny added a little line that I've never heard before, and it created tears streaming down my face..... I have no other words for it. I need you to just listen to the song. Do this favor for me and listen to these encouraging words and breathe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKp4g_ZrGk 

cry and enjoy!

update on Tesh:  Dr. M does not believe there is any sign of a connection between her head and the dysphagia. She will have another swallow study on June 25th during her pre-op work up and is to have her cranial surgery on June 28th. She will be second in line again. This gives us 5 weeks to prepare, which I am grateful for.

4 comments:

  1. This song has ministered to me for a long time! I have cried through it many times, and it always encourages my heart. I am reminded that I never walk alone. Blessings to you today, Sweet Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking into see you all back at church and my prays are with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartbreaking story. Earthly goodbyes and so hard even knowing about the heavenly hellos to follow.
    I’ve enjoyed looking over your blog. I came across it through another blog I follow, and I’m glad I did. I am now a follower of yours as well. Feel free to look over my blog and perhaps become one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kailan. We met at spring valley retreat. I'm the one with the daughter that will be having hernia surgery the same day as Tesh. I was so blessed by your story and music. Thank you for playing a part in my healing process. I hope you don't mind, but i put a link to your blog on mine since i've been telling everyone that will listen about how i was blessed by your strength and love for the Lord. It was great to meet you and Josh and of course that sweet baby girl! You are in my prayers!
    Love,
    Sheila Stevens
    http://spookystevens.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete