Thursday, May 6, 2010

1 More Week, the Countdown Begins!!

well..... I'm doing much better in the scatter brained- department. I'm getting organized and I've got my lists, and I'm getting ready to go.

Only there's one problem. .... we're sick...  That's not what's supposed to happen. I started isolating the house to keep germs out, and when I started doing that, we all got sick anyway. Mainly colds and allergies. Isaiah has been sick, Eve is doing decent. Josh is suffering from allergies, major. I am hacking my lungs out today. Tesh is barking and congested, and had a fever yesterday. (of course, she's the only one to run a fever, but at least that means her body is fighting it, so that's good)

I've come to the conclusion that I'm being tested. The surgery will happen when it's supposed to happen. I can worry all I want, but it will not change God's hand. We are coming down to the wire, of a major surgery, and I'm sure, God is not going to want to waste this. He is going to stretch us even farther to keep growing us into what He wants us to be, into what He's counting on us to be. ... immovable... steadfast... faithful...... content.....

I should've known we'd all get sick a week before. So now, what am I gonna do about it? I'm going to fight. I'm going to work towards getting everyone healthy again cause that's what I do as a mother, but I will do it knowing that God will get us there. I must learn to be content once we reach that borderline of surgery or no surgery, and trust that whatever happens is God's will.

To be honest, I am pleading with God that this happens May 13th, but I must start preparing myself for both.

I've made the choice that I will not lose hope in May 13th being our surgery date, so what that means for me is I must "prepare my field." I must keep preparing and organizing and nurse my babies back to health. I will not let this sickness, these colds and allergies, destroy my hope. Of course, I can not do it alone. I need all of your help too.
To pray.... pray for the health of our family and for the safety of our family. In order for Teshura to have this surgery she must not have a temp. and she must be well or getting significantly better. Her blood levels MUST come back normal, if elevated at all, the surgery will be rescheduled. Dr. M 's next available isn't until July. He did not want to wait that long, so he's "squeezing us in"... I don't know what the next "squeezing us in" is going to look like. And my favorite part... the fellowship. 2 other families are going to be there, having surgeries on their babies, in the same week, one on the same day. We would love to be a part of that fellowship.

Thank you for any and all prayers. I need my prayer warriors!
May God show His mercy and grace to us, but more over, May His will be done.

quick update note:  Tesh has been diagnosed with (mild) asthma, and there will be a swallow study done the afternoon after the pre-op work up on May 12th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment