Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Third Times a Charm?

Ok, the nurse from the pulm.'s office called Monday and informed me that a second bacteria showed up, "strep pneumo-" (strep in the lungs) again... not serious... but needs to be treated. So she's on a second antibiotic for another 3 weeks. After that, I thought, surely the NS is going to look at this case and say "Heck NO!" I thought it was hopeless... at this point.. a part of me felt like this surgery was never going to happen.

Yesterday, I talked with my Ped. and she gave me hope that if anesth. will do it, then surely she'll be fine. She explained to me that these bacteria's that they are finding are so common in kids and that everything will be fine. I also called the PA at the NS's office to give her the "whole" case for and against Teshura having her surgery so he has all the facts.. including my last amo of... she's had no fever... and anesth. said they'd do it. 

Today, the PA calls me back to inform me that she had talked with Dr. M (ns) and he said to delay surgery once more to give her more time on antibiotics. The date has officially been changed to July 2nd.

I was actually ok with hearing this cause this means that she will be more protected because of the longer med. intake, if they were to reschedule you couldn't ask for a better date (4 days later), and with all her known facts of having these infections and on antibiotics and her dysphagia cough... they are going to do surgery!! Praise God!

This all still gives us a little over a week to prepare, which is good time to get things done. We'll be at the hospital during 4th of July, but at this rate, I don't care. We'll be home in time for my birthday... and if not (which I highly doubt) I still won't care. I'll be glad to get this over with, and that will be the best birthday gift, to have my daughter over this huge hump of surgery and sickness.

My heart is lighter again... now to the next thing for now... still taking today... keep her health and safety in your prayers.

1 comment: