Thursday, November 15, 2012

Claiming Church and Miracles~

I wanted to give an update about my Uncle and how he's doing.

He is doing great!

By the grace and mercy and healing of God, he is doing well.

The doctors took several different tests as he sat in the ICU (for 3 days), and they all would come back negative with nothing wrong.

The nurses told him that patients aren't ever able to just walk out of the ICU to go home. ... and he did.

My uncle nearly lost his life a couple times that Saturday day. He wasn't able to stay conscious. He would stop breathing. His body temperature got very low. He was hardly able to walk when he was conscious.

I was preparing to lose him that day. and I didn't.

How?

Uncle's words exactly: "God is so good. Praise God I was healed. My faith has grown more than I thought it could. Praise Jesus."


A few months ago, some friends and I were doing a study on Acts and it would talk about healings, and we would be slightly stumped. We knew it was true, but we wondered why we didn't really see it today. Was it our unbelief?

I, personally, have watched so many of my close loved ones die. People that did believe in miracles, but God must have had different plans for them. After all, my father being one of them, died well, making an even bigger proclamation of God's existence and His power, even in the face of death. However, talking about miracles was a bit of a sore subject for me, having lost my father and then my daughter.

" a time to give birth and time to die." (Ecclesiastes 3)

I am claiming this miracle with my Uncle. There were so many witnesses to this, that you can't deny it. People saw him when he was apparently dying. People saw him in transition. People see him now, living to tell to the tale.

The very people that first found him, face down on the ground, also witnessed him standing at their door, just days later;  living, breathing, saying "thank you" for their love, prayers, and service.

There were so many people involved from different places. Different denominations. Different church buildings. Different families. Different upbringings. Different towns. Different living situations. with their own different gifts, with their own different weaknesses.

Those differences are exactly my point. When those differences collide into one mind, into one prayer, into one praise.... true church happens.

I feel so blessed to have been able to witness this, and, the truth be told, I witness it every single time the dread of a trial comes to our family. Because what happens is; one mind, one prayer, one praise.

Acts 2:46-47a "And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart, praising God, and having favor with all the people."

True church, people.

Not only did Uncle receive healing physically, but he is being healed emotionally. As well as others, like myself, that are receiving healing from this event. Sorry, you had to take the bullet Uncle.... but thank you :)



May you find the true church whenever your family and friends are together, in the name of Jesus. May you find the love of Jesus, in the arms of people that love you, in the service of people that are sincere, in the little hands that reach to you to pick them up, in the "voices of old" teaching wisdom, in the laughter of gladness and silly-ness, all the way to the tears of pain and grief. May you open your eyes to the church that is living and breathing around you, day after day.

Praise be to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment