Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Update on Elora, the therapy puppy.

An update on my sweet therapy puppy: 

Miss Ambie from Iowa Veterinarian Specialties loving on my puppy. 
I can’t thank the hospital staff enough for their care for her while she was there. She loved them, and they seemed to love her! It made this whole transition so much better to know that she was loved on. I hated leaving her with strangers, but after seeing the love they were giving her, made this “momma” happy. They gave me instructions for her exercises and meds and I nervously took my baby home, hoping that I could pull this off. My health is always so unpredictable, so my prayer was that she would heal quickly and that I would stay in this upswing so I could take care of her properly. God answered my prayers. 


Elora is doing so well. Her energy has fully returned. She can’t wait to be fully free from her cone of shame (neither can I). Her incision is healing beautifully and she’s due to get the stitches removed this weekend! She still hates certain stretches, but she’s getting used to some of them, which is good. She’s been walking slowly on her foot, putting pressure on it. She’s still very weak on that side, but I’m confident that with the exercises, she’ll be strong again. She’s definitely got the determined spirit! And it encourages me all the more as I continue to work with her, but also for myself that I can heal. Her little furry spirit doesn’t know discouragement or hopelessness. I believe God made them this way. And so I let her teach me to keep going, and keep fighting and doing what I need to do in order to get as better as I can. Her and I both may never get to 100% but we are allowed to get as close as we can. But it’s up to us to get there.

sleepy Elora. She insisted on my hand being close to her face. 

Healing stitches. 


gravity yoga with my martini cup puppy. 

6 comments:

  1. So wonderful that Elora is doing so well. Continued prayers for both you and her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so blessed by all the pet lovers out there who helped you get her the care she needed. Sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete