Wednesday, December 24, 2008

For the Moments I Can't Sleep

Yeah,.... it's just early for me. Once in a while, I'm sure some of you can relate, I just wake up, ridiculously early and can't go back to sleep. For me, I think of Sarah, and songs run through my mind. Songs that help me through dealing with Sarah, songs that are healing.
I love to sing, and I love to write songs, so automatically I think, "I just need to get up, I'm up for a reason. ... I'll write." Before I get up though, a fresh song comes into my mind, and when that happens, any writer just scrambles for paper to write it down before it's forgotten. So I get up, quickly, and write His song. I try to put myself in check, cause I have this tendency to take the credit, for something my hands wrote, when it's the Spirit who is working in me, giving me the words to write. So it's His song.
Well I did it again this morning. Christmas Eve. It's a praise song, about standing on your crippled legs, still serving our King. I have every earthly excuse to just give up, and sleep my life away, but I serve a Great King. And He has given me strength that only He can give. So I can stand on my crippled legs, beating the odds, cause I have a Savior and Tower that is mightier than this world. You know how I know that I can stand, because that is only a sliver of what my Jesus did for me. Before He was crucified, while His flesh was torn from scourging and beatings, He bore His cross..... with us in mind.....
We are called to do the same. No matter what, I will serve my King.
If you can't bare your cross when you are beaten, how then are you going to carry your cross, when you are scourged.
Think of today as practice for greater things to come, cause your King is calling you to do His work, and you know what that means.

1 comment:

  1. It is Christmas night and I just had a good cry about being alone and lonely...then I read this. I am humbled at how small this feeling of loneliness feels in comparison to not only your trials Kailan, but all the other trials of my own throughout the years following your dad's death. It was God who lead me to your words just now, and the Holy Spirit who is speaking to my heart through your words. Once again my daughter... thank you for being the woman that you are.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete