Saturday, March 13, 2010

On To The Next Thing....

I just wanted to say it officially....... we are NOT failure to thrive any longer. She will be 5 months old next week and she is weighing in at 11 lbs.15oz. The Pedi. said that they want their babies to double their birth weight by 6 months of age. Well, people, she was 6.5 lbs. at birth and we are close already. Praise God!

~Thank you my Lord and King for holding my baby in your arms and hearing our prayers for mercy. You have done great things for us, and continue to do great things. ~

I read on an old friend's facebook, on her favorite quotes, there was written this, "Perfect love casts out all fear - Bible"  When I think and meditate on that verse 1 John 4:18, I like to go back a little,

v.16 "And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in the world we are like him. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear,....."

To fully experience this, I believe it would take a life time. What a Great God we have.

Please understand me, my body is worn, my headaches persist, I (Kailan) have fallen with my fear many times, and there is healing still happening and will continue to happen, but to have this stirring in my heart, it is like a drink of fresh water, medicine to my soul- something "the world" can not take from me.

We will breathe through this next obstacle.... the surgery itself. We see Dr. M April 9th. His PA said to me that he will do a "work up" on her when we are there that day, and schedule our surgery. She said it'll probably be within that month from the appt.

These life circumstances for the Wing Family have been a blessing in disguise, teaching Josh and I how to be content in all things (we've not been in ALL things yet), preparing us for the rigors of the ministry. We are no where near perfect, neither could one be, but I believe God sees our hearts in our strife for continued learning.

Our prayers now are for God to continue his mercy on little Teshura, that He make her strong for surgery. Also, praying for Josh and I to make a decision based on the discernment of where God would have him (our family) working and serving. It is a big undertaking, and my husband is a very loved man (if I may say so) and I am proud to be his wife and have been ready and willing to stand by him in where ever God leads him.

No comments:

Post a Comment