Friday, August 23, 2013

Recovering From Nightmares

Isaiah kissing Sarah.
After writing that last blog post, I have been receiving so many wonderful messages from people in response. People from all walks of life, encouraging me by sending their love and prayers. Some of you are walking with me in the very grief of our little Sarah. Some walk with their own grief of their own precious loved one. Some walk beside us, not having been through this experience themselves, but ever still remain faithful in love. Some having watched us as we went through losing Sarah and some new friends that just love on us, hearing of the trials we've gone through.

I just wanted to take a moment to say Thank you! Truly. Your love keeps bringing hopeful tears to my eyes. Hearing from certain people (having known us from the time of losing Sarah), once again, I'm taken back to those raw moments. But these moments aren't ones that ache so much, they are memories of simply being held by God.

If I left you with saying that I'm being reminded of "simply being held by God." I feel I would be doing a dis-service to you.... because I desire for you to understand what I mean by this.

All our family, our church family supported us so well when we were going through this traumatic experience. We were "held by God" by being served by "the body". That's ALL who have helped us in any way. Whether it was one thing that you did or many. ..


My husband and his dad during one of Sarah's birthdays.
I remember food being given to us. People coming to me just to lay beside me as I wouldn't move from my spot. People talking and being with my husband. I remember people taking care of our 2 year old. Pastors opening up their buildings to us for services, for prayer, for fellowship, for counseling. People coming to us just to stand in front of us, all to say, "I don't know what to say to you." People crying with us. A woman giving me cabbage for my drying milk in consequence of my baby being gone. Sarah's doctor encouraging us. I remember 6 months down the road being asked "How ARE you doing?" The hugs. The gifts. The cards. The little kids that were drawing me pictures of our whole family and writing me precious messages. The prayers. The space for grieving.

Grandma Lyn with Isaiah
Me and Samuel, my little buddy that helped me heal allowing me to hold another baby again.
Whether you did one or many of these things.... we felt God's hand upon us. We knew, by your love, that we had not been abandoned. You were the Body of Christ that well for us. Not all of you are from the same church building, but all of you banded together for the same cause, as the Body, to show love to a family that needed lifted. It brings tears to my eyes, even now as I write this, remembering those precious moments, because of what you did for us, that we were able to have those intimate moments with our King.




Today, as I have been receiving all your responses to this difficult time for us today, I am remembering the God, whom we serve, and why we serve Him. Your love, which can only truly come from Him, (whether you believe or not) gives me the hope that's going to get me through.



With all my heart, Thank you. May God bless you as you have blessed me.

2 comments:

  1. Kailan, I feel I'm just another "I don't know what to say" in so many ways, but know that I love you guys, am somehow filled with pride when I read what comes from your wonderful heart, and that you will always have a special place in my heart and prayers.

    ReplyDelete