Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Preggo Update: 38 weeks!!!!

Praise be to God, I've made it to 38 weeks!

I am so thankful and excited to report this. Usually I go from bedrest to labor, so having this lull of time where I can reconnect with my kids, get some housework done on my own steam, and just live life being big pregnant and enjoying my belly are all things I'm not used to. I am exhausted, always tired and have no brain, but overall, I'm not too miserable so it makes these last couple weeks seem not so bad.

I saw the midwife today. I'm dilated between a 2 and 3, same effacement as last time. (so not much change at all from 2 weeks ago) There was some "plug" coming out and I've lost a pound which are all indications that labor could start up any day soon. Baby sounds healthy and things are looking normal and great.






The kids are getting antsy and hate to let me leave for various things (like meetings or appointments) without them because they fear I won't make it home in time for them to see the baby be born. haha... I told them that's almost not possible, but alas, the tears come from my 6 year old's eyes as I leave for all of my hour away. All to come back home, still pregnant. :) This is the same little girl that kisses my belly every night before bed so she can be the baby's favorite.
The 6 yr old so excited to have a little baby, now that she's old enough to take care of her.


















Everything is ready though. Pool is blown up and in place. Birth Bin is complete. House is clean... enough ;) So now we just wait! Of course, I'm doing little projects here and there that I've wanted to get done before winter hit, so I've been getting some of that done too.

It all seems so surreal. It doesn't matter how many times one gives birth to babies. Every time is supernatural, suspenseful, there is nerves and excitement all bundled into one.





Antsy antsy children!! 


1 comment: