Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Green Light Go! 37 Weeks and Counting! Any Day Now!

Green light go!!!

I'm 37 weeks today! Thanks be to God!

... and His provision of magnesium, a sacrificial husband, and older children's help!

I had my 37 week appt. and I'm measuring great. Everything looks normal. The only set back is I have to take some meds for the Group B Strep I'm positive for, but that's no big deal. The midwife is guessing baby to be around 7 lbs. She exclaimed, "It's no small little thing! I bet we get an average sized baby out of you this time!" I loved hearing those words. :) So she gave me my script and told me to keep her in touch and that I can have a baby at any time now.

I'm staying on my magnesium, but am officially off of bedrest. So now I'm doing some stretches everyday to get back some physical stamina that I lost from sitting so much of the day, every day, for almost 3 months.

We're still trying to get the very last things together, preparing for the home birth. My nerves are still there, just with labor in general and the real-ness of all of this. I'm going to have a baby! AH! So weird to me still.

I'll be honest, I've gone through bouts of feeling kinda crazy as I journey through trying to still embrace another baby coming that wasn't planned. Not that I'm complaining about another baby, it's just hard to wrap my head around the fact that there is another little "wingding", that is soon to make her existence known. Sometimes I think that's normal with an unplanned pregnancy, but then, sometimes I fall into a depression and feelings of guilt as a mom, wondering why I struggle with wrapping my head around it so much. (which apparently, is normal as well) I've spent so much energy through this 9 months of pregnancy, having almost every ache and pain of pregnancy possible and have worked so hard to keep her healthy and safe, and yet... I don't think it's going to be real to me, until I'm holding her in my arms and she looks up at me and we meet for the first time.

Just writing that out puts some tears in my eyes, so I guess I'm not doing too bad in that area. Thank God for close girl friends that can hone in some of those hormonal emotions to keep me sane!

All 3 girls sitting on their buckets as seats for the movie. 
So now.. . I wait. Not having a clue how labor will go or where I'll end up in the house delivering this precious gift continues to be an anxiety, but I'm gonna try not to think about that and just concentrate on today. Taking one day at a time, knowing that today is a good day.


My husband and son (the hardest workers in the house) catching a nap together. 

2 comments: