Tuesday, July 6, 2010

And The Gauze Comes Off

Well, we woke this morning at a pleasant 6:30am. She slept very well last night, even with nurses messing with her every-so-often. We strolled down to the cafeteria with her in the wagon, stayed and ate breakfast. When we came up, Lonnie, (Dr. M's PA) came and said she's ready to take the gauze off! We were excited to get this going and to see what her head looked like.
As she took it off, Tesh would cry now and then cause there was a lot of tape to get off.

Finally! I got to see her head! It looks great. I have to take her looks right now with a grain of salt though, because there is still a lot of swelling, especially in the back of her head. There was lots of goop to clean off. Lonnie, cleaned the incision real quick and then apply bandages to go just over the incision. They had me feel the swelling so I knew what I was feeling. It was gross. I didn't want to feel it, but did because she told me too. LOL.
Tesh seems to be a lot happier now. She's in a smaller cap, to help the bandages stay on nicely. The plan is to see Dr. M back at 2 weeks post op to get the stitches taken out, then she'll be bandage free!

She went down for an x-ray that she thought was torture, and I'll be posting those when we get the copies I asked for. Now we are just waiting on prosthetics to put her helmet on. Then it's homeward bound!!











No comments:

Post a Comment