Friday, July 2, 2010

God Saw Fit To Let Her Stay:)

I bring good news!

As I sat in the waiting room during surgery, there was a point where I started to get a little antsy. I would watch the desk receptionist answer phone calls and go and get parents. It was not near the time where our phone call would come, but I thought, a call to say she was doing well, would be nice. I believe the time was near 10am. I can't explain it, but I even voiced it that I wanted everyone to quiet down a little so I could hear the receptionist call our name when it was time. I was a little teased for the timing, cause we had a ways to go still, and I knew that to be true.
Then minutes later, that receptionist poked her head in and said, "Teshura Wing's parents? They are on the phone for you." I jumped up with anticapation as to what I was about to here. I was glad that they were so kind to call and give an update.
I got on that phone and heard the nurse tell me that they were closing her up and that she did very well, and Dr. M would be out to talk to us in 45 min.
I was completely shocked! With nothing else to say, I hung up the phone, relaying what was said with Josh, and then started bawling. I was so anxious to see her, and I was so relieved that IT WAS OVER! and SHE WAS WELL! I am so thankful to God for letting me keep her, and hearing our prayers. My heart is broken with relief. That's the best way I can put it.
As we came back to our "tribe" of family and friends waiting to hears news, some saw me crying and thought something may be wrong, so I quickly said, "She's fine, and I'm just so happy and relieved" Then gave them the good news.
About 30 min. later, we talked with Dr. M who said her surgery went smooth, and there were no surprises. He explained that her sagittal suture was fully fused, and that where the sutures come together in the front and back were fused as well. He said she took to surgery very well.
We were so relieved.
Since then we've been able to see her, but not hold her yet, which is breaking my heart. She cries on and off with either pain, and/or hunger. She is eating beautifully, but we have to move slow with eating to take every precaution.
Here's some pictures of her in the recovery room, and freshly in the PICU.




 

2 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful Kailan, she looks like a little angel, I'm so grateful for you that everything went well. I've been thinking and praying for you and your family!
    -Brianna

    ReplyDelete