Monday, July 5, 2010

YAY! Great news!

I finally saw the "Man of the Hour" Dr. Menezes, himself. He said that they can take the gauze off tomorrow, and get her helmet, and go home tomorrow afternoon/evening. (tenatively)

I'm so happy to hear this news. Dr. M asked me if I was ready for that, I answered. "I think so!"
They would've taken her gauze off and put her helmet on today, but it would've been harder to get "prosthetics" to come out today, so tomorrow will work better for them. (assuming cause of the holiday) Dr. M explained that it wouldn't matter today or tomorrow, cause we wouldn't go home till tomorrow anyway. It's going to be so nice to go home tommorrow and continue our journey of healing and getting on with life at home.

Before he could get away (I swear, he leaves so quickly) I was able to thank him and steal a picture of him. I handed sleeping Teshura to him, and of course, she woke very alarmed that a strange old man was holding her, but we got a decent picture anyway. :) 

2 comments: