Friday, July 23, 2010

3 Weeks Post Op


Well, we made it to 3 weeks. This past week, I've been able to give her a REAL bath for the first time since the surgery. It's been wet cloth baths since now, and I'm so glad that's behind us. I believed she missed her little baths, cause she loves the water. I do intend to get her back in the pool again soon too. We still have to keep the incision clean as it heals, so we still have to be careful of that. I put aquaphor on her incision a couple times a day, hoping that will help it heal well. It already looks so much better than when last I posted. She woke up sick today with congestion and dry/bark coughing, so hopefully that doesn't stay around too much longer. Eve has it too. Other than that, she's been doing great, being a normal baby, with normal laughs and play and normal tantrums. :) She's eating well, still trying to get used to the taste of food. She's so used to unflavored Elecare formula, I think she'd prefer yuckiness like that. eeeee.
She had a 9 month check up with the Ped. wednesday. She was healthy, but there was one thing we all noticed. Tesh is still a little behind on her large motor skills. She not extremely far behind, but the Dr. suggested that we go ahead and get OTs involved to help us, help her get moving forward with her skills. :) She's not yet crawling, but she will roll all the way around. She is not yet leaning on things to stand, but is sitting up much steadier than before surgery. I'm not too worried about any of this. I'm sure she'll catch up at some point. With her eating very pureed foods now, I can't see her as a true 9 month old anyway. Not sure what we'll do for her 1st birthday, but I'll just be glad that we made it to her 1st birthday with all we've been through with her.
The household is still under a little stress, trying to get used to all this still. Isaiah is doing decent. Eve has been having accidents almost daily since just before surgery, and she's been potty trained for a while. I just wish I knew what was in her little heart making her feel so insecure. I know she's having to deal with all this attention on Tesh, but it doesn't matter how much more attention I give Eve, the accidents keep coming. Tesh is still timid with people touching her head, but rightfully so. Me, as mom, is trying to find the middle road to laying down the law with the kids, but showing grace at the same time and, of course, taking care of kids vs. cleaning house is always every mothers agenda. Josh, my husband, is working like a dog, trying to make up for lost time. Which brings to me to my side note for prayer. We are struggling financially. Josh has missed a lot of work for 3 reasons. Job change for summer time (he works at the school during school days), Tesh's surgery and various appts. (which other family have been SOO gracious as to take me so he can work) and then the work that he does, doesn't always need him everyday, which is so bittersweet to see his face still when the household wakes up. I love spending time with my husband, God knows I do, but we know that when he's home, he's not getting paid. We know that God will provide somehow, but our mortgage company isn't so forgiving. :( I'm being transparent about this now, cause we need prayer for provision. We know He'll come through for us somehow, like He always does. He has blessed us in so many ways, and has taught us to live frugally cause we know that when we are in the thick of the ministry, that we won't be making very much. We do not wish to be wealthy, but want to make enough to give and live. :)
I thank you all for continued prayers for Tesh's recovery, and for the provision of our finances, but also for a calmness in Eve's heart. OH, and for Josh, for strength and wisdom on running the household. He has been so faithful to our family, and I will always be proud to be his wife.
Here's some pics from our bath a couple days ago, and then today!

Bathtime! Let's get that dried blood and antiseptic off.....
Much better!!
Today!!


Happy Friday! God is good!!

1 comment:

  1. I love her eyes... I think Teshura is the first "Madison" looking baby you've had!!! Yay!! She has Jessica's eyes and Shannon's lips! I love you K-Baby!
    Ummm oh and .... great writing. LOL I got cought up in her looks. hehehe

    Mom (Gramma Lyn)

    ReplyDelete