Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The (ugly) Helmet! and.....home!

Well, she didn't like the prosthetics guy very much but we got it done. He first tried on a smaller helmet but her everpresent oblong shape still hindered that, so he went with a little bigger one. She still trying to get used to it. All the discharge papers are going through and we'll be released in no time. I'm excited to go home and feel very very grateful to God about His hand in all this. I couldn't ask for more with this experience. Everyone around us was great, Tesh has been healing so nicely and wonderfully, I feel good coming home.
Here's some pics of her ugly friend called "the helmet". She'll wear this for 6-8 weeks for protection.

As I'm finishing this post up, I'm sitting in my living room, on my wonderful couch, with our whole family home and together. :) It's so good to be home.

Look at the top of her head, you can see the gap that was cut.

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! I'm so glad to know this part is behind you all and that you are home as a family again :) I think the helmet is gorgeous because of what it is doing for your sweet girl! God is soo good!

    Sheila from CR

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one good looking radiograph of one good looking child. Looks like you better be ready for lots of very pretty and very straight teeth! Her bottom row looks fabulous as does her nice new sagittal suture. Love you guys! -Jered Wells

    ReplyDelete