Monday, July 5, 2010

Homesick

I'm laying on the cot at the hospital, listening to the deep peaceful breathing of sleeping Tesh, watching mindless TV, overhearing someone else's child cry down the hall..... I'm missing my kids.
There's nothing new to report except the fact that my heart is aching for them. It's hard for me to be away from them.
I want to hold them, kiss them, give them consequences when they are bad, and encouragement when they're good. That's what I do.... I'm mommy. Here, I only have one arrow, and the problem is, is my quiver is fuller than this. God has designed me to care for what I have. I know Tesh needs me more right now, and I'm right where I should be, but I can't help but feel underutilized at times when I'm seperated from them. I just can't wait to be home for good.



1 comment:

  1. Kailan, sometime I forget, as I watch how strong and determined you are, that missing Eve and Isaiah has been a huge part of this trial for you. I'm sorry. I am. I love you. I respect you, and I think you are a wonderful Mother.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete