Friday, July 9, 2010

Official One Week Post Op.

Well, we made it. One week after surgery, she's healing well, playing and acting normal, and best of all, getting back to her routine of eating, awake, and sleeping. She has been doing so well, I know I'm witnessing God's hand upon Tesh.

She's getting back to her normal self. She's starting to calm herself to sleep again, with little fussing. She's eating her bottles, better now that we switched to one size bigger bottle nipple because her dysphagia is improved. I haven't fed her food yet, but intend to this weekend. We have to start slow with that. She's back to eating every 4 hours, awake for 2 hours, and taking her naps. She'll wake a little earlier in the morning from time to time, but I'll give her tylenol and she'll go back to sleep until her internal clock wakes her again and it's time to get up. I haven't had to give her tylenol around the clock anymore. I'll only give it when she seems to be fussier, which almost only happens maybe twice a day, if that. I've peeked at her incision and it looks so healthy still.  She still finds humor in her siblings running a muck around the house. I thinks she's much happier to be back with them. She's already bumped the back of her head on my floor. I freaked out. She's ok though. :) Then (you'll see in the pics) while taking a nap, she took her cap off, and stripped half her bandages. What a mischievous little girl :)

As I sit today writing this post, I feel very blessed. Even looking around my messy house, I have three healthy kids playing, one perfect child with our Father, and a husband that would die for this family. I am very blessed.

Here's some pics over these last couple days while we've been home. You'll notice that her head shape isn't a LOT different, but it'll shape out over time. The kind of surgery she had isn't a quick fix. Her brain needs the time to push her skull in the appropriate shape. Her sutures are now open to allow that to happen. It's a slow process, but there will be progress. We just have to be patient. I just feel better knowing I don't need to worry about inter cranial pressure anymore. Phew! So glad to be on the other side! Happy Birthday to ME!!

If you look closely at that second picture, you can see where she peeled off her bandages.


This left picture was actually very sweet. She woke up early, and Josh was getting ready for work. I put her next to me, and she went from sitting up, talking constantly, to laying her head on my belly and slowly falling  asleep. I, then, rested until she woke again. I didn't get much sleep during that, but I wouldn't have traded it for deep sleep without her in my arms.


Sisters at play. Evey wanted to match Tesh with her helmet. :) so cute.





welp! She likes PLAYING with her helmet. Not to fond to wear it, but she's does decent with it. We don't make her sleep with it on. Here, we're getting ready for a nap. :)

Thank you for all your prayers.
God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I am so tardy in commenting and for that I apologize. Your sweet, happy baby brings tears to my eyes. You and your family are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete